Key findings

The BOA 2018 Annual Industry Report includes data about 477 Bulgarian companies engaged in business process outsourcing (BPO) and information technology outsourcing (ITO). Based on the analysis of the data we identified the following highlights for the development of Bulgaria’s outsourcing industry in the five-year period 2013-2017.

Сontribution to GDP
In 2017, outsourcing contributed 4.8% to Bulgaria’s GDP compared to 4.2% in 2016. Bulgarian outsourcing industry is expected to reach EUR 4.0 bln and contribute up to 7.9% of the country’s GDP by 2021.

Market segmetation

More than 51% of the analysed companies primarily operate as BPO vendors, while the remaining 49% have ITO as main activity.
The differentiation between ITO and BPO, especially in the KPO (knowledge process outsourcing) field is gradually fading as the complexity of the companies’ products and services gradually evolves. Narrowly specialized companies in the fields of FAO or HRO remain considerably fewer than BPO companies with a broad profile. The number of KPO providers shows a sound growth trend, as more BPO companies turn into KPOs.

Taxes & Salaries

The outsourcing industry is among the leading taxpayers in Bulgaria in 2017. The taxes paid by the sector are EUR 15.5 mln.

Source: https://outsourcinginbg.com/

Recent news


Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors