On March 24, 2014 the Mayor of Shenzhen Xu Qin and the Mayor of the city eng. Ivan Totev opened “The Week of Shenzhen – Made in Shenzhen” in Novotel Plovdiv. The exhibition was until March 26 at the congress center in the hotel. Everyone can examine the tablets, smart phones, smart players, cameras, etc.
The exhibition presents China to the world through high-tech goods produced in the Chinese metropolis.
“Made in Shenzhen” was held in parallel with the Bulgarian-Chinese business forum on March 24 in the conference room “Plovdiv” in Novotel Plovdiv. Organizers of the prestigious event are The Municipality of Plovdiv, Municipality of Shenzhen, Bulgarian-Chinese Association for Business Development / BCABD / and The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Council in Shenzhen / CCPIT Shenzhen /.
The Chinese ambassador to Bulgaria Hon. Mr. Wei Dzinhua officially opened the forum. The mayors of Plovdiv and Shenzhen signed a twinning agreement between the two cities. At the forum were hold bilateral meetings. Detailed information about them you can find on the website of the Bulgarian-Chinese Association for Business Development www.bg-china-partners.com and on the website of the Municipality of Plovdiv www.plovdiv.bg.
The Forum “Plovdiv – Shenzhen: Cooperation and Investments 2014” met over 50 of the most successful Chinese businessmen – owners and general directors of companies, global leaders in their industry, together with representatives of the Bulgarian companies. In the city came the carmaker’s leadership “BYD”, ranked among the 100 most powerful companies in the world in science and technology sector of the US magazine Business Week. Best performers in the ranks of private Chinese business China Construction Bank, electronics manufacturers “Huawei” and ZTE also were here.
During the forum, the respresentatives of the business learnt more about the investment opportunities in “Trakia Economic Zone”, which unites the 6 industrial zones in the region of Plovdiv.
Shenzhen in numbers:
• Area: 1,991.64 sq. km.
• Permanent residents: 10,547,400
• GDP: 200 billion USD
• GDP per capita: about 19,500 USD
• One of the Top 10 cities in Asia, according to Fortune 2011/2012
• Rated to second place in the ranking of most competitive cities in the world of The Economist 2012
• 2nd place in the ranking of Forbes Best City for Doing Business in China 2011
• 8 of the 100 richest people in China’s ranking of Forbes “Forbes China Rich List” are in Shenzhen
• Investment in R & D as a percentage of GDP: 3.81%
• More than 2000 high-tech companies and 189 of the Fortune 500 companies are located in the city, including IBM, Walmart, Microsoft and others.
• Shenzhen ranks fourth in China’s total economic output.